Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to School!

Where in the world did the summer go?!  And why in the world haven't I been keeping up on my blog?!  I'm tellin' ya, it's been SO busy around here!!  Lots going on and lots on the schedule for the rest of the year!

Well, Mom and Dad's visit was wonderful:)  It was great seeing my little sister as well!  She brought her prom dress for a fun 'Trash the Dress' Session and we had a blast!  Here's an image from our shoot:
She was such a good sport sitting in the freezing creek:)  What a trouper!  I can't wait until I get more calls for Trash the Dress Sessions!

After my family went back home to Illinois, we headed to Perdido Key and had a WONDERFUL time!!  We spent every day on the beach and got plenty of sun:)  Here are a couple images from our trip:

So. Much. Fun!!  A few weeks later, I headed up to Illinois to see my family and spend time relaxing with everyone before all the hussle of the upcoming school year hit.  We spent a lot of time sleeping in and hanging out on Mom and Dad's deck.  Aaahhhh!  It was a breath of fresh air! 
My sweet Layla!  You have seen MANY of this little one's images on my website and blog over the past 3 years!  We were  able to stop by and visit Layla and her mommy when we went home to Illinois:)  WE MISS YOU, LULU!!






After our whirlwind of visits, vacations and road trips it was time to get back into the swing of things. This summer has been so INCREDIBLY hot that shooting was put on the back burner a bit.  I have only been shooting in the early mornings and early evenings.  With the heat index at 125 degrees, its just been too TOO hot!

I also started a part time side job at my good friend's salon.  You've actually seen her business profile on here:)  Sassy Shears Salon is a hopping place to be!  I work 3 days a week for just a few hours each day, but I absolutely love it!  The girls are so great and I LOVE meeting all the wonderful people who come through the doors!

Right now I'm gearing up for cooler weather and have been booking lots of Fall Family Sessions, Halloween Sessions and even a few Christmas Family Sessions!  LOVE IT! 

Life is busy and wonderful and I'm loving every minute! 
Well, that's a really quick summary to update you on what's been happening in my neck of the woods:)  I'll be posting more very soon with everything that's going on!  Stay tuned to see some very cool 1940's vintage inspired 'pin up' pics!  Just a little project we're working on at the salon and it's going to be FAB-U-LOUS!





No comments:

Post a Comment


Tia Wind Photography

Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you stopped by! I try to blog daily, but I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon eventually:) So, here's a little about me.....









I'm a wife, mother, sister and friend. I take my camera EVERYWHERE I go. Creating images that make my customers happy is my one and only goal! I love, love, LOVE getting behind the camera and do so every chance I get! I'm located in the Benton/Bryant/Central Arkansas area.









I'm an on location natural light photographer, which means I come to you and I use whatever light is available. I don't lug around heavy lights and equipment. And the best part about that is the fact that I don't have any overhead! Which means I can offer YOU great pictures at amazing prices!

























Enjoy cruising through my blog:) Call me for details on my sessions and investment. I look forward to building my list of new friends and clients!

Enjoy!!!
~Tia
(501)-303-7383
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Decatur-IL/Natural-Light-on-Location-Photography-by-Tia-Wind/134751509349">Natural Light on Location Photography, by Tia Wind on Facebook















My latest adventure:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Above all, I'm a mom of 3 amazing kis and a wife to the hottest man on the planet! :) Secondly, I'm a photographer. You can use this blog to keep up to date on recent sessions, news, upcoming events or just random posts about my life:) I shoot primarily in natural light and on location. I stive to capture my subjects' spirit and personality in every image I take! I'm living my dream!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Visitors